Sunday, December 27, 2015

Hike #48 - Calderwood Butte Trail, Peoria, AZ

Hike #48

Date: December 27
Hikers: Me

Location: Peoria, AZ
Distance: ~1.64 miles
Rating: Easy/Moderate (if you move quick)
Time: 21 minutes

Trailhead Link:https://www.peoriaaz.gov/uploadedFiles/NewPeoriaAZ/Residents/Parks,_Recreation_and_Classes/Hiking_Trails/TrailsMap.pdf


Coming down to the wire.  I need 4 hikes by the end of the year and today is the 27th!  AHHH.  Tearing a tendon in my leg messed up my hiking this summer but I am determined to do my 51 new.  It was a Vision and I gotta do it.

Coordinating with a trip to my parents hike I looked up Peoria hiking and found the link above.  Plan is to do two today.  I have never heard of Calderwood Butte however on many occasions I pass these small mountains and try to quickly pull out AlTrails app and get the name.  This Peoria AZ map was great.

Not a sole in the parking lot.  New construction near by so this will be an option for the Neighborhood.  I saw no one on the way up.  The path was well groomed and the elevation did get my heart rate up.  On the way down I passed a family and saw a couple that must of taken another trail.  I did see a trail that headed North West but stuck with the up and back for me.
Go Cards!

If you are in the neighborhood do this quickie.  Great short hike!

Enjoy the pictures!

Best Kept Secret!

View to North
Hike #48 Accomplished!!


No comments:

Post a Comment