Sunday, April 19, 2015

Hike #20 - Piestewa Peak Quartz Ridge 32nd st & Lincoln Phoenix AZ

Hike #20

Date: April 19th
Hikers: Me & Jim

Location: Phoenix AZ
Distance: 2.4 miles
Rating: Easy/Moderate
Time: 1 hour


Trailhead Link:https://www.phoenix.gov/parkssite/Documents/northlarge.pdf

I can't believe I have never started at this spot before.  Jim told me he use to hike this trail at work.  It is so close to work  how did I miss this all these years.  The small trailhead parking lot is at 32nd street and Lincoln Dr. To the East before the gated housing complex.  It was filled this sunny morning so I parked across the street in the shopping plaza that has a starbucks.

We started later than usual at 8 am but it was beautiful, sunny and not hot at all.

We quickly headed up the trail.  There is a left that you can head up the hill through switchbacks to a short butt busters.  We were looking for a little over 2 miles because I needed my handyman Jim to help with hanging new curtains.






This trail was quite busy but nothing like the summit or other areas.  Lots of dogs.  Lots of families.  Nice hike that is an alternative to Camelback or Piestewa and perfect for kids.



Not too much to say.  We hit the summit and went up another hill for a bit. We sat and enjoyed the view and then headed back.

First Summit 



The 3 Amigos!

View of Piestewa Peak from the Top of our Trail
Quartz Rock at the beginning of the Trail. All Done with this one!
Great Hike!

 I will come do this after work before it gets too hot!

Accomplished #20!

No comments:

Post a Comment