Friday, February 27, 2015

Hike #9 Gooseneck - Toms Thumb Trailhead Scottsdale AZ

Hike #9

Date: February 21st
Hikers: Me

Location: Scottsdale AZ
Distance:  5 miles
Rating: Easy
Time: 1 hour


Link:http://www.scottsdaleaz.gov/Assets/Public+Website/preserve/Central+Area+Map.pdf

This hike was in the paper a couple weeks ago.  It was also on my short list because it is one of the few in the area I have left that are close. Gooseneck is worth the trip.

This is a 7 mile one way hike. You can start from Fraesfield area and hike to Toms Thumb or visa versa to make is a 14 milers.  After being ditched by all my hiker friends I decided to venture out in the afternoon by myself.  I did tell several people exactly where I was going so no biggie.  Plus this trail is pretty close to a street if something were to happen.

We have done Toms Thumb tons of times and done Marcus Landslide twice over the years.  This trail starts down Marcus Landslide and then heads North to connect us to Fraesfield trails. It is rated Easy and is but like any hike you can make it what ever work out you want.  I walked quick and ran in some spots.

It was beautiful.  I was passed by one biker behind me.  Had 4 bikers come at me.  Other than that No One was out there.  It was great!




 A nice cloudy day. Little Breezy.  It was a very tranquil hike. I highly recommend it and look forward to hiking from the Fraesfield Trail head towards Toms Thumb.  Maybe next weekend.









My Turn Around Point





On the drive out of Toms Thumb I saw a family of deer to the east and this is exactly the area I had been hiking.  Pretty cool to see.

























No comments:

Post a Comment